Friday, January 13, 2006

My TV interview with ABC News (AU)

In August of 2005 I was interviewed by ABC News (AU) reporter Quentin McDermott for a Four Corners episode (Your Money and Your Life). The experience was great! I got the chance to share what WhiteHat Security is doing and also demo'ed some funny/scary/serious XSS attacks on their website. I showed how its possible to fake a seemingly real news story on their website by linking the reporter to Al Qaeda. Quentin was both amazed and concerned, but he felt better about after I faked another story giving him the Pulitzer. A few weeks later I got a nice email from their security department asking where the vulnerability was so they could fix it. Several days later, problem solved.

All part of job. :)

Here is a shortened version of the 45min show. Enjoy.

No comments: